A MESSAGE FROM OUR PASTOR:
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
The coronavirus serves to remind us that none of us are immune from sickness, suffering, and death. We are facing extremely difficult times that will try our soul and test our faith. It is important during this season of Lent that we remember that it is how we respond to such crises spiritually that will either weaken or strengthen our faith. Please remember that we are not facing this crisis alone. God has not abandoned us; He walks with us. He has come to us in the person of Jesus who died on a cross to pay the price for our sins. “Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things before entering into His glory?” (Lk 24:26) Jesus rose from the dead and He invites us to spread the wonderful news that He triumphed over death. Therefore we should keep our eyes on Him as he helps us carry our cross, the cross that is the key to everlasting life.
So I encourage you to choose to strengthen your faith during the Coronavirus by:
- Watching Mass on TV or online (see link below).
- Meditating on the Stations of the Cross.
- Spending time with the Lord in spiritual Adoration.
- Reading the Bible or the many resources available to you on Formed.org.
- Praying the rosary (or even a decade of the rosary) with your family.
- Pray for yourself, your family, your country and the world.
- Pray for mercy for the sick, endurance for our caregivers and doctors, and wisdom for government officials.
- Praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
- Performing an act of mercy.
- Performing an act of charity.
- Keeping a pure heart in thought and words.
- Loving and caring for your neighbors as God cares for you.
With prayers through the intercession of St. Francis of Assisi,
Fr. Carl Jude Hood
“Don’t worry to the point of losing your inner peace. Pray with perseverance, with faith, with calmness, and serenity.” ~St. Padre Pio