- If you are sick or at risk, you are welcome to stay home. The dispensation for Mass attendance is still in effect through October 4th. Online Masses are live streamed here.
- Wear a mask to Mass.
- Maintain 6 feet of space between households.
- There will be overflow seating in the St. Francis/St. Clare Room and in the gym if needed. Mass will be live-streamed to overflow areas.
- There are no reusable Missals in the pew. Single use Readings and Responses will be available. Please take and discard these as you leave.
- Volunteers will sanitize between Masses.
- There will be offertory baskets where you may drop donations near the entrances, or visit the home page of this site for many online giving options.
- The Bishop is urging reception of Holy Communion in the hand. For everyone's safety this method is greatly preferred for the time being.
- Please practice Christ-like patience with the priests, ministers, ushers, and each other. Thank you!
Please remember that the mission of the Church continues even in crisis situations. Indeed, the continuity of our ministries is dependent on you now more than ever! Please continue to contribute to the offertory by mailing checks to St. Francis Church, 8151 Chimneyrock Blvd., Cordova, TN 38016, or click here to enroll in online donations. If you need assistance in setting up online donations, please email [email protected] or leave a message at (901)756-1213. May the Lord bless you for being good stewards of His Church in Cordova.
Did you know? - In the absence of opportunities for the Sacrament of Penance, there is still a means of grace of forgiveness available through an Act of Perfect Contrition. What is perfect contrition? It is a sincere sorrow for sins motivated by love of God above all things. How does one make an act of perfect contrition? One should express to God that he/she is truly sorry for their sins, not because of fear of hell, but because of love for God who deserves all of our love. If one makes a sincere act of perfect contrition, all sins are forgiven, even mortal sins, provided that he/she has the intention of making a good confession as soon as possible. (See Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1452.)